Monday, November 23, 2009

Completion (of my book)


It's been 140 days since my last post and I actually did use the time to finish my book, which I am calling Searching for Jane, Finding Myself. It's a memoir about being adopted. As I type it is being professionally edited so, while I wait to get comments back, I'm working on a compelling cover letter that will snag me representation. This is new terrain for me and simultaneously terrifying and exciting. Because rejection is at the core of my adoption issues, I'm not looking forward to receiving the slurry of "no's" that are often a part of this publishing process. To avoid as much of this as possible, I'm doing diligent research, hoping to only send my carefully drafted query to agents who look like they are an ideal match, starting with the ones that know someone I know. So far, I have three prospects. As I'm learning, the completion of my book is merely the beginning of a new phase, which once I get an agent will be following by yet another phase and yet another. Fortunately, I have a fairly strong marketing background so I look forward to the opportunity to promote a story that put me firmly on the path of healing. Now that the book is all but done, I'm going to be blogging again, mostly about adoption and the business of getting published. I look forward to your comments. And for those of you who have been leaving comments on face book. Thank you for your support!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i`m your permanent reader now

Anonymous said...

またあとで会いましょう! [url=http://ci2s.org/viagura.htm]バイアグラ 個人輸入[/url] バイアグラ 服用