Saturday, June 13, 2009

Poem: You Would Never Know


Today's prompt: Make your poem today at least half lies:



You Would Never Know




When you meet me, you would never know

My given name is Marianne Sesso
I had a happy childhood
I was a cheerleader in high school
Spanish is my first language
I am a great cook
Fishing and camping are my favorite activities
I like cats more than dogs
I’ve been married seven times
I once lost a winning lottery ticket
Meditation is the first thing I do every day
My grandfather invented carnival games
One grandmother smoked a pipe
The other rolled her own Bull Durhams
I was a straight A student
Growing up I moved twenty-eight times
I’m addicted to chewing gum
Because of allergies, I hate the month of May
Depending on the situation, I can lie with conviction

Unless I told you, you would never know